The following ATNF passwords are required to access the resources/machines listed below:
|Windows 7||PCs, Microsoft Office, network printers, email, share files with other users in the NEXUS domain|
|Unix||Linux workstations, Astronomical applications, email|
Notes on Selecting Passwords
- Never store details of your password in a text file on your computer
- Do not use dictionary or easy to guess words
- Do not use your pay-id or login name as your password
- Try and use a combination of lower and uppercase characters
- See also
To change your Windows 7 password:
- Press Ctrl-Alt-Del (one once already logged in with your NEXUS account)
- In the Windows Security window select Change Password
- Enter the old password
- Enter the new password
- Enter the new password again in the Confirm new password field
- Click OK
To change your unix password:
- ssh into venice
- enter the command passwd
- enter your current password
- enter your new password (twice)
- The following error message will be displayed if the password is recent
New password must be different than previous 5; try again.
- Once a successful password has been entered, you will be required to wait at least 15 minutes for the password information to propagate from Epping to the Narrabri site.
- Test the new password by logging onto Kaputar or any of the local Linux workstations.
|© Copyright CSIRO Australia, 1994-2009.
Legal Notice and Disclaimer, Privacy Statement.
Original: John Giovannis (20th Jan 2004), modified: Brett Lennon (August 04, 2016)