ATCA Observing Information
Frequently Accessed Pages
Computing ATCA computing
Requesting Time and Time Usage
- Applying for observing time (consult also Chapter 1 of the ATCA Users Guide)
- Target of opportunity and NAPA requests
- Use of Directors Time (unallocated time) and replacing lost time
- Weather overrides on projects
Information for visiting astronomers
- Visitor guide including on-site accommodation booking.
- Site safety
- Supporting an observation and the duty astronomer's role
- Observer computing and library facilities
- ATCA Remote Observing
- Current observing issues
- Fault Reports
- RFI Report Form
- User Questionnaires
Rosters, schedules and observation databases
- Duty astronomer roster
- Observing schedules
- Remote Observing Schedule
- CX-numbered observations
- ATOA: Australia Telescope Online Archive
- Observing logs
- Updated Baseline solutions - for 3/12mm observations
miriad dantpos files for mm data taken without a good mm baseline solution in place.
- CABB page
- General Users Guide
- Remote observing guide
- Guide to ATCA observing terminals
- Antenna array configurations and stations
- JEEEA Special Issue ("green book") on the ATCA
Observing support tools
- Calibrator manual and planet positions
- Calibrator cycle time calculator
- Observing characteristics calculator (including sensitivity) (Old Calculator) (User-friendly Calculator)
- CABBScheduler, the scheduling program
- Velocity to frequency calculator and spectral line rest frequencies
- Shadowing diagrams
- Virtual radio interferometer - simulate Fourier coverage.
- Weather (forecasts as well as present and past weather data)
- Interference, solar activity.
- Satellite Interference Tool (SaRFIs).
- COCO (HEASARC version of the coordinate conversion form)
- Interactive Observability Chart Plotter.
ATCA Monitoring Information
Original: Nuria McKay (15-May-1995)
Modified: Robin Wark (17-Jan-2008), Phil Edwards (23-oct-2008), Jamie Stevens (19-Oct-2010)